Week 5

A Note from Julie:
These letters are sent from Hope weekly. I edit them and attach the pictures she sends. This blog is done by me and not Hope so she may not see any comments that you leave for her. I will try to pass things along but no guarantees. If you want to send her a message, please write to her at hope.nelson@myldsmail.net . Thanks everyone! Love to all!!!

October 8, 2017

This week we had a ton of rain. It kept flooding the streets so it was fun to play in. haha.

This week was kinda slow. We taught a lot of recent convert lessons. It's great to teach those lessons because they know the gospel and it's more like them teaching us.  Haha. This week we taught Ba Oanh again. We taught her about prepping for General Conference and getting ready to listen to the prophet. She also always gives us a ton of food, but last Thursday she gave us a whole meal unexpected... sooo good!

Thanks to Michelle and Kami! They sent me a package of all my favorite things I was telling my companion I need in life.  It was great to see the love they have for me!  I love them!
We got to watch General Conference! It was sooo goood. Lots of talks about service and serving others.  My favorite talk was Bonnie L. Oscarson and Elder Anderson's. Sister Oscarson talked about doing good and kept saying "Who needs me today; what do I have to contribute?".  It was soo good to hear that and to always be thinking about service.  True to the faith says "True disciples of Jesus Christ desire to serve those around them".  I kept reading about service this week for some reason. Also Elder Anderson's talk was a great way to end the conference.  We have great apostles and prophets.

I also got to watch a session in Vietnamese because we had a potential investigator come. President Hassell wanted us to watch it in our native language but made exceptions for us to be with our PI. So cool! 

Sorry Kinda short... Hope everyone is well and doing the right! 


Love you all and see you soooon

Chi My
Sister Nelson


FHE activity team

FHE game

General Conference pot luck


Local restaurant

Comments

  1. This is awesome to read, thanks for sharing! Do we know what city she is in right now?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles in Growth and Elevators

Christ is the Reason