New Adventures...Thủ Đức

February 4, 2018

Hello!

This week I finally had a full week in my new area. Really good area, but we have to bike a lot more than Quan Sau. haha. We have to bike to the church and plan in travel time, which is very new to me.

This week was very busy. We had to fly to Hanoi for a meeting and then exchanges for a couple of days, so we were trying to meet with all of our investigators before we left. We have 3 investigators we are focusing on and really trying to get them to come to church.

In Hanoi, we went to a meeting with President Hassell and other missionaries and talked about prepping for the new missionaries to come in and other business... (We were also able to have tacos  which was a great thing!) After our meeting we had to do exchanges with the other sisters. It was really fun and really good to see other missionaries that I have served with too. Also in Hanoi it is FREEZing cold! I finally used my coat because it is like a mid fall changing to winter feeling up there. Really cold.

Funny thing that happened this week, was on the flight back from Hanoi to Sai Gon we were sitting and my companion really liked the blanket they gave and she asked them if she could have it they said no. She then said can you help me please... and he said he would think about it. After like 20 mins, he came over and brought a trash bag with blanket. She was sooo happy. After the flight we tried to contact (ask to teach) him but he said no. haha that is ok..

One thing that happened on the exchange was while we were in Hanoi on an exchange, we were eating and the elders were at the same place eating at a different table and they were talking to us about the spirtial thought and gave us a paper of how to pray. We then used that paper to teach someone how to pray later that night. The Lord is aware of us and just something little that helps me see the mircle of Christ in my life.

Love you all,
Chị Mỹ
Sister Nelson
My peanut butter is gone...
Awesome views!

Flying

Relationship goals!





January 28, 2018

Hello. Greetings from Thủ Đức!!

Yep that's right. I have moved areas. I am not in Quận Sáu anymore! I have been in my new area for less than 24 hours. ahhh. One of the sister's left for the MTC this week. So I took her place in Thủ Đức. I left Quận Sáu on Sunday (yesterday here). It was really hard to say goodbye to everyone in Quận Sáu but now I get to help everyone in Thủ Đức.

My new companion's name is Sister Thủy Anh. She is a native and her English is really good. She is about the finish her mission. She has been serving for about 16 months. She is really sweet, loves to sing and I hope will help me with Vietnamese. Now my district only has four persons in it instead of 7. It's really small.

Last week was my last P-day in Quận Sáu. We were able to do District p-day. We went to an aquarium. It was cool to see different fish and see that an aquarium here is just like America. We also went on a ferris wheel, which was scary because I don't like heights.

This week we had interviews and that is when he told me I was moving. I was like freaking out. I was really shocked, but now I don't train! Both my trainee's (my old companion) mother's (trainers) left her. haha

This week was hard because I was having to say goodbye to all the people I got to really know for the past 4.5 months. It was really hard to say goodbye to all the investigators and members. I told all my investigators to send me pictures of their baptismal dates and to keep me up to date. Also was able to eat out with some of them. This week we were able to get another baptismal date. That is 3 for Quận Sáu! That is so exciting.

We also did exchanges this week. It was really good to switch it up for a little. Learned a lot and got to have a lot of laughs haha!

One thing as I was leaving Quận Sáu. The security guard was helping me and when I got into the car he was doing the hand thing on the window. It was so sweet and I felt like I was going to be missed. I will defiantly miss Quận Sáu and the people. This just really does tell you this is truly the Lord's work. The Lord knows where we need to go.

Love you all,
Chị Mỹ
Sister Nelson
 Match and Bye Bye Quận Sáu!

Exchanges with Thảo Ly! Cơm Gà Xối Mỡ

Cô Cúc

We went to 'Sundance'!

Bye-bye District 6


Nope, she hasn't changed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles in Growth and Elevators

Week 5

Christ is the Reason