Week 2: Vietnam Fun

Sept 17



This week has been pretty normal. I feel like I'm a native Vietnamese person except when I cross the street.  That is soooo much fun.  It's like sardines and sharks.  It's sometimes scary.  My vietnamese is getting a little bit better.  I understand about 13% of what is going on.  

This week we taught a lot more lessons and also we teach english class. It was sooo much fun.  We get to teach the beginners class which is really fun.  A lot of them already know the things we are teaching though, which is great. We taught about weather and sang some songs and asked them which weather they like. 

Here is this mission, it's a little different. We wake up at 5:30 am and druing the middle of the day we take Naps!.  It's great.  Although it is really hard for me to take naps becuase I hate hate that. That's ok it will prepare me for the future when I am older and need naps all the time! haha. Sorry Mom. 

Funnny story this week. To help our Vietnamese we tell stories in Vietnamese and this week Thu Hong was beginning and this was the conversation:
Thu Hong: "How do you say score"
"no! The animal"
Kim Thu and me: " oh the squirriel"
Thu Hong: "yeah squirriel"
*explains the story*
Kim Thu and me: "oh that's a skunk"
We were laughing sooo hard.  It went from score to squirriel to skunk.  My companions are great!

Last thing.  We had a District Conference which is like a Stake conference back home.  Some exciting news about Vietnam.  They only had one District but yesterday they split the Districts into 1 in Hanoi and 1 in Ho Chi Minh city.  So now there are a ton more branches. Wahoooo! this is amazing and great! Let the work continue here in Vietnam!

Hope everyone's week has been great! 

Love you all! 

Chi My
Sister Nelson

Cute comp trio!

The branch's family home evening activity last Monday


A picture from a few weeks ago, but the girl in the black dress is our cute investigator, Chi Phuc!

Comments

  1. I am enjoying reading your blog & seeing your pictures. I seem to be getting to know Your personality better, & I love reading about your service there. All the best to you Hope! Love you, Aunt Jolene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles in Growth and Elevators

Week 5

Christ is the Reason