Vietnam Week 4

October 1st

So Many of you are asking me questions so here are some answers:

1. Do we watch Conference?
    -Yes we watch it a week later because of translation....
2. How's Vietnam?
    - Hot and humid...
3. How do baptisms work her?
    - They get a pool, fill up with water and swim
4. The Typhoon?
    - Didn't hit me, but lots of rain on ground
5. How do we do Laundry?
    - We throw it into the washing machine and it spins...


Haha, I am just kidding. Vietnam is pretty great and pretty well Americanized, which is awesome! 

This week was cool and crazy. We had some baptisms and some fun things.

Last Tuesday, Thu Hong and I had to help President Hassell with and orientation he does for all the new missionaries and then Thu Hong left with her new companion and stayed with President and Sister Hassell for a while until I got my companions back. Fun!

We also do baptisms on Sunday here, so its fun. We had two on this past Sunday.  Their names are Em Nyugen and Chi Trinh. (The em and chi thing are based on their ages). It was so cool to be a part of their teaching process and see them become members!

Another assignment we have as branch builders is to teach English once a week.  My companion and I get to teach the basic English class on Tuesday Nights. It's soooo nice because they don't know more than us or don't know anything!... Wahooo. We teach very basic things and always have some fun activities.  

Another assignment we have is teaching recent converts for a year after their mission.  Right now we have eight recent converts that we have to visit a tonnn.  It's fun.  This week we got to see Ba Oanh again and it was good. She is very old, but has such strong faith.  Lover her to death/  

Also we watched The Women's session of General Conference. It was great to hear from such great women and President Uchtdorf. I loved President Uchtdorf's talk.  My favorite part was when he said "Just be Glad".  


Well all I have to say is stay happy and hugs!


Love,

Chi My
Sister Nelson

Baptism fun!

We teach, they baptize!

Adventures with President and Sister Hassell

The Night Lights



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles in Growth and Elevators

Week 5

Christ is the Reason