Sept. 10th First Week in Vietnam


First Week in Vietnam


So first off. Sorry if I spell anything wrong.  Spelling was never my strongest suit.  haha.  Also on these computers it says everything is spelt wrong, so I can never tell. haha

So we left the MTC at 2:30 in the morning and took a bus to the Airport.  We flew to Texas.   After we arrived in Texas, we hopped onto another flight to Hong Kong.  It was only a 15 hour flight.  I was in the middle isles in the middle of two people.  It was hard to sleep. After that flight, we hopped onto another flight to Vietnam! We had about 15-20 mins delay which wasn't too bad.  The flight from Hong Kong was about 2 hours and I was passed out the entire time.  I was sooooo tried.  haha.  After all the flying we met President and Sister Hassell!  He is as tall as all the pictures seem. haha.  We went to the mission home and had our first Vietnamese food: PIZZA!  We also got to meet the senior couple that helps the Presidnet and Sister Hassels in the office.  Chi Perraud and I slept in the Van Wagenen's house while the elders slept at President's House.  

The next morning, we had an orientation all day and finally at 2pm we found out who our trainers and where we were going.  I have 2 companions and we went to the south. Their names are Chi Thu Hong (Schley) and Chi Kim Thu (Graviet).  They are the coolest people eva.  They help me stay away from the crazy meat on the streets.  They have been out for 16 months, so I will be their last companion!:) wahooo.  They are also pros at everything.  

The Vietnamese is wayyy different here that the MTC. I was started to finally understand the Vietnamese the teacher's spoke in the MTC and then they throw me into the real thing.  They speak so fast here and I am a northern speaker in the southern area. SOS. Gotta stay my northern dialect because it's the best!

The food here is way better than the MTC.  I eat a lot of Rice and Noodles.  I had Pho for the first time and it was good! Way different from American Pho.  Now I need to learn how to cook it.  haha

This week was really busy.  We try and contact people everywhere we walk.  My favorite part this week was Sunday.  We went to sacrament.  There were about 30 people there and the spirit was sooo strong. Even though there are not a lot people, you can still feel the spirit.  It is sooo strong!

Hope you all have a good week! Love you all. 

Love, 

Chi My
Sister Nelson
 I ate Pho!

Sister who come together leave together (Thai Sisters)

Vietnamese District (17 People) new record

Missionary class minus 2 Elders.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles in Growth and Elevators

Week 5

Christ is the Reason